An introduction to the role and duties of the Board of Directors.
An important role for the Board of Directors is to set policy under which management takes action to manage the affairs of an organization. But what is policy?
An example of a Board of Directors mandate and an example of a role description for a Director
An introduction to the practices and processes that enable Board succession
The document details the purpose, organization and responsibilities of the Audit Committee. Includes an example Audit Committee work plan.
Risk is the other side of the strategy coin and needs to be managed to guarantee the sustainability of the organization.
This paper discusses:
- Successfully identifying, assessing and managing risks for all stakeholders
- Identifying the appropriate strategy for your particular needs
- Ensuring your governance body understands risk
- Developing a risk management framework
- Incorporating risk management into your business planning
This document outlines the process which Booker & Associates follows to conduct an operational review to determine an organization’s health
This toolkit, prepared for the Hamilton, ON Bay Area Arts & Heritage Stabilization Program, provides practical tools to assist in the planning, governing and managing of the operations of community organizations.